7 life lessons on Mental health.
Throughout my mental health betterment journey, I have seen and heard so much advice from people, from my parents to colleagues to social media friends to cousins.
Everyone gives you their take on what it is they feel you should do and what it is they did that brought them to where they are today. Well, I am still figuring life out, and here are things I have learned in my mental health journey:
1. At the end of the day, it still boils down to you and what you need/want. What do you need/want?
2. Just because everyone said you should do it and everyone is doing it doesn’t mean you should.
3. Everything ends, everything. Friendships, relationships, partnerships, and life itself. Always have that at the back of your mind.
Have you read my article on momento mori? It gives more insight about No.3, here it is👇
4. Be flexible and open-minded.
5. Be kind to yourself and others, it’s really what makes life worth living.
6. By all means shut out whoever and whatever is taking a toll on your mental health.
7. Go to therapy!!! I can’t stress this enough. Do therapy.
8. If you believe in God, stick close to him, he will never forsake you. It took me some time to come to the knowledge of this and after that, I have refused to let go of him 😊
Important notice: It doesn’t work like magic, if you are looking for a quick fix this isn’t for you, give yourself time, and eventually everything will be better, one day at a time.